It’s that time again: fresh starts and new year’s resolutions. The gym should be packed tomorrow and I will try to soak up some of the energy in the room and hope it continues throughout the year. I’m excited about breaking in all this new equipment I got for Christmas!
The bike shoes have already been the accomplice to burning almost 600 calories which I tracked with my new Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor. I have only used them both once but so far I love them both. Sports bras galore because apparently I should be getting new ones every 3-6 months and be wearing two at a time – I’m thankful for honest, helpful friends that tell me these things. Headbands are a must but I never thought they would stay in my fine hair until I got these Nike ones in my stocking – love them.
I am so thankful that my loved ones are supportive of me. I got all this home last week and when I saw it all together like this, I was so excited to use all of it the next day. Literally I think I wore at least half of it to spin class (think Joey from the Porsche episode of Friends).
Here’s a recap of the things I learned in 2013 (in case I forget in my haste from time to time in 2014):
1. What will be will be. Well yes it’s a famous quote but dang it is true and I have learned to think of any situation with those words at the forefront. Any time I get frazzled or worked up, I breathe deeply and say those five words. It helps…most of the time.
2. Put it out there in the universe and who knows what will happen. I have done this on many occasions and it amazes me how many times it has come true – except maybe when I visualize a lot more commas in my checking account balance. If I think, “boy I sure wish I had _____”, I just keep my eyes open and usually I find it or a suitable alternative.
3. The universe is abundant. The resources I need to live my best life are all out there for me to learn about and uncover and research but I have to do the work: learn from my mistakes, stay positive and be patient.
4. The greatest of these is love. Amen. Operate with love for myself and love of others and my heart will always be full and I won’t look to others to fill it.
5. Surround yourself with people that inspire. I love to be inspired to be a better person, mother, employee, christian, etc. Read books/blogs by them and ask for their advice and look to them as a guide for my actions.
I’m sure there are more but I also learned that nothing good happens after midnight so I better go put on my eye cream and get some rest.
What did you learn in 2013?